The January transfer window might seem like a distant memory, but that doesn't mean the rumour mill has shut down! Speculation over summer moves is heating up, so check out the latest gossip below, and see all official deals here.
TOP STORY: Would Barca let Messi go for Haaland?
It was reported on Friday that Ronald Koeman's side is willing to throw everything at capturing the forward next season, with the latest development being that of Messi leaving at the end of the season.
Messi, 33, is out of contract at the end of this season, and despite 16 years of service, Barca would be willing to see the Camp Nou legend leave to plan for the future around Haaland. If Messi were to stay, the report says the Argentina international would have to sacrifice as much as half his current wage.
The 20-year-old Haaland recently helped Borussia Dortmund to a DFB Pokal trophy with a first-half brace against RB Leipzig, his first honour at the club. The wonderkid has been linked to several top clubs this summer, but a rumoured £150 million valuation from Dortmund has reportedly put off many of them.
While Barcelona recently reported spiralling debts at the club, it is believed a deal could be financed over the length of the Haaland's initial contract upon signing. For the Spanish giants it could be an indication of intent. Goodbye to the old and hello to the new.
20.35 BST: Arsenal and newly crowned FA Cup champions Leicester City are in a battle to sign Ryan Bertrand on a free transfer this summer, according to the Evening Standard.
Betrand, 31, announced on Wednesday that he will leave Southampton which has put Mikel Arteta's side on alert as the defender has long been a long-term target for the Gunners.
However, Leicester have entered the race in Betrand with Brendan Rodgers interested in the ex-Chelsea man.
The Sun also reports that Premier League rivals West Ham United and Crystal Palace want to sign Betrand.
19.00 BST: Sky Sports claim Tottenham are keen on signing Lyon centre-back Joachim Andersen this summer.
Andersen, 24, has spent this season on loan at London rivals Fulham where he made 29 Premier League appearances in a season which ended in relegation for the club.
Spurs would need to make an offer of around £20m to sign him from Lyon.
Andersen could feature for Denmark at the delayed European Championships this summer as they face Belgium, Finland and Russia in Group B.
18.15 BST: Ronald Koeman says with a few signings, Barcelona can be "very excited" about their chances of competing at the top-level next season after coming up short in the Champions League this year.
Sources have told ESPN that Barca remain in regular contact with attackers Sergio Aguero and Memphis Depay, who are both out of contract this summer with their respective clubs, while defender Eric Garcia is also likely to join the club on a free transfer.
President Joan Laporta is also working on ways to raise money to fund the signing of another forward. He met with Erling Haaland's representatives earlier this year and sources say Barca are also monitoring Alexander Isak, Darwin Nunez and Gerard Moreno, among others.
"The team has a big future," Koeman stressed in a news conference on Saturday after Barca's title hopes faded with a midweek draw against Levante. "If we can sign what we think we lack to take the next step, I think we can be very excited about the team next season."
The Levante draw left Barca four points behind leaders Atletico Madrid with two games to play and increased the pressure on Koeman. However, the Dutchman says he's hopeful of fulfilling the second year of his contract and being given the chance to build a better squad this summer.
17.14 BST: As coach Jesse Marsch prepares to leave Salzburg for RB Leipzig this summer, could his fellow American Brenden Aaronson make the same move?
Will Brenden Aaronson follow Jesse Marsch to RB Leipzig?
Sebastian Salazar and Herculez Gomez discuss whether Brenden Aaronson will remain at RB Salzburg this summer.
16.31 BST: As Paris Saint-Germain await a response from Kylian Mbappe on whether to accept the club's offer to extend his deal beyond 2022 or leave the Ligue 1 giants this summer, sporting director Leonardo has a list of potential replacements that includes Liverpool forward Mohamed Salah, sources have told ESPN's Julien Laurens.
Salah, 28, has two years left on his contract and has 21 goals and four assists in 33 Premier League matches this season. However, with the Egypt international having been at Anfield for four years, PSG are hoping he would be open to a new chapter in his career, particularly if Liverpool fail to qualify for the Champions League next season.
Salah, who was signed for an initial €42 million from Roma in the summer of 2017 and has improved under manager Jurgen Klopp, recently said the club have not approached him for a new deal. However, Klopp has also said previously that he did not want any of his front three (Salah, Sadio Mane and Roberto Firmino) to leave in the summer.
Although it is widely known that new PSG manager Mauricio Pochettino is a fan of Salah, it is unlikely that the Reds will consider anything less than €80m for him.
15.49 BST: Cristiano Ronaldo will not return to his boyhood club Sporting in the summer, his agent Jorge Mendes said after the Juventus forward's mother insisted she would try to bring him back to the Portuguese club.
Ronaldo, 36, has one year remaining on his contract at Juventus but has been linked with a departure this summer to Sporting, the club where he began his senior career.
After Sporting clinched the Portuguese title for the first time since 2002 on Tuesday, Ronaldo's mother Dolores Aveiro said: "Next year he [Ronaldo] will play in Alvalade [Sporting's stadium]."
Mendes told Portuguese newspaper Record: "Cristiano is very proud of Sporting winning the championship, as he has demonstrated publicly. But at the moment, his career plans do not go through Portugal."
Ronaldo leads the way in the Serie A goal-scoring charts this term with 28 goals, but his club Juventus have had a difficult season and could miss out on the Champions League next season. They host league champions Inter Milan later on Saturday (stream LIVE at 12 p.m. ET on ESPN+ in the U.S.).
15.05 BST: Zinedine Zidane has laughed off suggestions that he is poised to quit Real Madrid this summer but fuelled speculation about his future by saying: "There are moments when you have to stay and others when you have to go."
Zidane, whose contract at the club runs until 2022, has faced weekly questioning about his plans for next season as the La Liga title race nears its conclusion with Madrid two points behind leaders Atletico.
"I'm sorry, I know what I say is boring, but it's true, I don't know what will happen," Zidane said in a news conference on Saturday. "I'm here. Tomorrow we play. Then we have one game left. After that, anything could happen, because this is Real Madrid. I don't look at the past or future, it's the present."
Zidane has a track record for surprise departures, resigning as Madrid coach in May 2018 after they had won three Champions Leagues in a row -- before returning 10 months later -- and retiring as a player in 2006 when he still had a year left on his deal at the Bernabeu.
"You talk about me leaving in 2006 and as coach [in 2018] and you might think I walk away from responsibility, or I leave when things get complicated, but no, never," Zidane said. "What I do is give everything, to the end, and then the moment comes to change, not just for me, for the good of the players too. I don't leave because it's easy," he added. "No, there are moments when you have to stay, and others when it's finished and you have to go, but not just for me, for everyone."
Marca reports that Raul Gonzalez is Real Madrid's "preferred candidate" to replace Zidane if the French coach decides to leave the club this summer. Madrid legend Raul, who spent 16 years at the club as a player, is currently impressing as coach of B-team Real Madrid Castilla and has guided them to the promotion playoffs to Spain's Second Division. Marca's frontpage story names Raul as "the alternative" to Zidane, saying "his hasn't been the only name to come up in meetings among executives, but he's the preferred candidate of almost all of them."
Germany coach Joachim Low and former Juventus boss Massimiliano Allegri have also been named as potential options in recent weeks.
14.26 BST: Christian Pulisic has dismissed speculation he could leave Chelsea this summer and insisted he is relishing the challenge of proving himself under Thomas Tuchel.
The United States international has started just 11 games out of a possible 26 across all competitions since Tuchel replaced Frank Lampard as head coach on Jan. 26.
And when asked in an exclusive interview with ESPN's James Olley whether he saw his long-term future at Stamford Bridge, he replied: "Yeah, I'm obviously happy here. It has been an incredible two years.
"People have always doubted and said: 'Oh, he's not playing, does he want to go here, does he want to go there?' I'm always up for a challenge, I love competing, I love the position I'm in and I'm enjoying my time here."
Pulisic confirmed he is fully fit for Saturday's FA Cup final against Leicester City (12.15 p.m. ET, stream live on ESPN+, U.S. only) after having been seen limping in the immediate aftermath of Wednesday's 1-0 defeat to Arsenal.
Pulisic staying at Chelsea: 'I'm always up for a challenge'
USMNT star Christian Pulisic tells ESPN he doesn't plan to leave Chelsea, despite concerns about playing time.
13.39 BST: Arsenal and Leicester City are in a battle to sign Ryan Bertrand on a free transfer this summer, according to the Evening Standard.
Bertrand, 31, announced on Wednesday that he will leave Southampton which has put Mikel Arteta's side on alert as the defender has long been a long-term target for the Gunners.
However, Leicester have entered the race in Bertrand with Brendan Rodgers interested in him the pair worked together at Chelsea.
The Sun also reports that Premier League rivals West Ham United and Crystal Palace want to sign Bertrand.
12.50 BST: Ajax are exploring the option of re-signing Brian Brobbey back from RB Leipzig before he has even arrived at the Bundesliga side.
Brobbey's contract expires in June, and he decided against extending his time with Ajax in favour of joining Leipzig on a free transfer next season. He signed a contract through to 2025 back in March, but reports suggest he is now getting cold feet on the move after manager Julian Nagelsmann agreed to join Bayern Munich.
Brobbey, 19, has been at Ajax since the age of eight, coming through their academy system and broke into the first-team last season. He is regarded as one of the best young strikers in Europe, and Ajax were keen for him to extend his stay at the Eredivisie champions.
But sources have told ESPN that the chance to work with Nagelsmann helped persuade Brobbey to sign for Leipzig. But with Nagelsmann now leaving, Ajax manager Erik ten Hag has confirmed the club are looking into whether it is possible to re-sign Brobbey from Leipzig before he has even arrived at his new club.
12.02 BST: Up to 14 players could leave Barcelona at the end of the season as the club continues the "revolution" that begun last summer, according to Mundo Deportivo.
Philippe Coutinho, Miralem Pjanic and Samuel Umtiti are among those that will be made available for transfers or swap deals if Ronald Koeman continues as the coach. Neto, Junior Firpo, Martin Braithwaite and Matheus Fernandes will also be encouraged to find new homes.
The report doesn't name all the players facing the exit, but does say a decision also needs to be made on Sergi Roberto, who's out of contract in 2022. Barca could also be forced to sell a "big earner," Mundo Deportivo add, if Lionel Messi is convinced to sign a new contract at Camp Nou.
Any departures would help fund signings, with Georginio Wijnaldum, Sergio Aguero and Memphis Depay all named as possible targets. All three are out of contract with their respective clubs in June.
After the 8-2 defeat to Bayern Munich in the Champions League quarterfinals last August, the Blaugrana began a clear-out of their squad, with Luis Suarez, Ivan Rakitic and Arturo Vidal among those to leave. That's allowed several youngsters, such as Pedri, Ilaix Moriba and Ronald Araujo to come into the first team, but after one win in their last four all but ended their title hopes, president Joan Laporta believes more changes are needed.
11.18 BST: Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola has said that Ferran Torres could be used more as a centre-forward next season.
Torres, 21, scored a hat trick in City's 4-3 win at Newcastle on Friday, taking his tally to 13 goals in 34 games for the club in his first season in England.
Sergio Aguero, the club's all-time leading goal scorer, will leave this summer after a decade at City, meaning Gabriel Jesus would be the only recognised No. 9 in the squad. City have been linked with plenty of other strikers, most notably Erling Haaland, but Guardiola hinted that he may not need to sign a new forward.
When asked about the Spain international's potential to lead the attack after the game at St James' Park, Guardiola said: "Not just this evening, of course this evening was important, but his first season in England and his numbers are exceptional. He came as a winger, but he has to think about [being] a striker.
"When Sergio, Gabriel were out, he was there. He scored against Leeds and Crystal Palace. He didn't have many minutes, but when he played, he had a sense of goal.
"Yeah, he can be [a No 9]. We will use him, we used him and he was brilliant. His rhythm, especially defensively he has improved a lot.
10.25 BST: Lautaro Martinez is on his way to Atletico Madrid, with the transfer a "done deal" according to former Inter Milan forward Nikola Ventola.
Martinez, 23, has not renewed his deal at Inter, with his current contract expiring in 2023.
The Argentina international has been linked with both Real Madrid Barcelona -- telling ESPN in a recent interview that he came close to moving to the Camp Nou last summer before the club's financial problems scuppered a deal.
Ventola, speaking to former Italy striker Christian Vieri on Twitch, said he had been told Martinez's move to Atletico was all agreed and that "they're going to pay him a lot."
It's not clear how cash-strapped Atletico would be able to finance the signing, with Inter reportedly asking for a fee of €80m.
09.30 BST: David Luiz will leave Arsenal when his contract expires at the end of the season, sources have told ESPN's James Olley.
The 34-year-old attended a meeting with senior figures at the club on Friday which concluded without an extension to his existing agreement.
Sources say the Gunners have made clear their respect for Luiz's contribution but are seeking to strengthen the centre-back area with younger alternatives.
It is unclear whether Luiz was offered any terms to stay but regardless the Brazil international is now focused on finding a new club, sources said.
PAPER GOSSIP (by Luke Thrower)
- Alvaro Morata is open to a stay in Turin with Juventus at the end of the season, despite the potential lack of Champions League football next season. Tuttosport reports that the player is willing to return, while the club has one of three options. It can either sign the player permanently, renew the current €10m loan or let him return to his parent club, Atletico Madrid.
- Real Madrid have made an approach for Tottenham Hotspur record signing Tanguy Ndombele, according to Football Insider. The 24-year-old is yet to make himself a regular starter in London but has shown glimpses of why Spurs sanctioned the £54m transfer from Lyon. However, it is believed that Tottenham are not open to offers or discussions for the France international at the current time.
- Juventus have joined the race to sign AC Milan attacking midfielder Hakan Calhanoglu. Calciomercato reports that Juve are willing to offer a higher wage for the 27-year-old, whose contract expires this summer. It is said that the player is holding out for €5m a season, something Juve are willing to offer, while Milan are willing to offer only €4m. However, that could still change, with the Rossoneri outfit recently confirming Champions League football and a financial boost to go with it.
- Martin Odegaard is interested in extending his Arsenal loan, with the club willing to work a deal too, according to Football London. The outlet reports the 22-year-old has bought into Mikel Arteta's vision and has felt like a valued member of the squad at the Emirates. However, there might be issues in financing a deal due to a lack of European football next season. There is also no indication as to whether Real Madrid would be willing to loan or sell the player again ahead of the next campaign.
- The Liverpool board are still working to secure the signature of Ibrahima Konate this summer, with the player already agreeing to personal terms. Journalist Fabrizio Romano reports that the Merseyside hierarchy are working hard to come to an agreement with RB Leipzig in the coming weeks with the player's release clause of €35m still available to pay. The 21-year-old has been touted with great potential for the future, and with Liverpool's defending hit with an injury crisis that upset their entire season, he has been scouted as partner of choice for the returning Virgil van Dijk.